Collection and Use of Personal Information
What personal information we collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Autumn Leaf Landscape Design may collect and how we may use it:
- When you create a Autumn Leaf Landscape Design ID, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, register for a class at a Autumn Leaf Landscape Design Office, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Autumn Leaf Landscape Design products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Autumn Leaf Landscape Design services or forums, Autumn Leaf Landscape Design may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Autumn Leaf Landscape Design will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In the U.S., we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up an account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Autumn Leaf Landscape Design’s latest announcements, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us with your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Autumn Leaf Landscape Design ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Autumn Leaf Landscape Design, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Autumn Leaf Landscape Design’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Autumn Leaf Landscape Design product or service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to disable cookies. On your mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, and then to the Cookies section. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Autumn Leaf Landscape Design website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Autumn Leaf Landscape Design may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Autumn Leaf Landscape Design website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Autumn Leaf Landscape Design may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Autumn Leaf Landscape Design to provide products and services, or that help Autumn Leaf Landscape Design market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your hosting, you authorize Autumn Leaf Landscape Design and your hosting provider to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Autumn Leaf Landscape Design and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Autumn Leaf Landscape Design to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Autumn Leaf Landscape Design shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Autumn Leaf Landscape Design operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Autumn Leaf Landscape Design to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Autumn Leaf Landscape Design takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Autumn Leaf Landscape Design online services such as the Autumn Leaf Landscape Design Online Store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Autumn Leaf Landscape Design, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Data may be stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third party storage.
When you use some Autumn Leaf Landscape Design products, services, or applications or post on a Autumn Leaf Landscape Design forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
If you or anyone else logs on to a device that is owned by a third party, any information shared may be downloaded on to that third party device thereby disclosing any such shared information.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting us. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Autumn Leaf Landscape Design is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the Contact Form.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Autumn Leaf Landscape Design products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own Autumn Leaf Landscape Design IDs.
To provide location-based services on Autumn Leaf Landscape Design products, Autumn Leaf Landscape Design and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Autumn Leaf Landscape Design and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by Autumn Leaf Landscape Design require your personal information for the feature to work.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Autumn Leaf Landscape Design websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third‑party app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Please note that personal information, including the information provided when using a Autumn Leaf Landscape Design product or service regarding individuals who reside in a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland is controlled by Autumn Leaf Landscape Design, Inc.
Autumn Leaf Landscape Design abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Autumn Leaf Landscape Design employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Autumn Leaf Landscape Design, Inc. 100 Centershore Road, Centerport, NY, USA, 11721